Monday, August 1, 2011

Shrink & Nosh: Eat Pancakes Mindfully

This week is the third episode of my new video series using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for permanent weight loss. In this one, “Shrink and Nosh,” I explore some great tools for maintaining your weight-loss goals while dining out.
Today, I review dining-out guidelines with my guest Evan, who admits to being part of the clean plate club. He’s learning how to determine appropriate portion sizes, be more mindful, and thoroughly enjoy his food.

You can too!

Although some restaurants are now required to post calories on their menus, there’s a controversy about the accuracy in these listings. Click here to read a recent interesting article about this.

Ellen’s tip:

My rule of thumb is to add 100 calories to what restaurants post as a buffer. Hmmm, that’s an easy 10-pound weight gain per year if you’re not paying attention!!
Now watch below to see how you can best savor incredible oatmeal pancakes. Oh, and by the way, Ellen measured the calories from the actual batter mix, not from a website or menu posting. Enjoy!

Stay tuned for our next video episode!

You CAN lose weight and get fit and still enjoy some of your favorite restaurant foods!

See you next time!
-Ellen
Would you like to be my next guest? Do you have any questions on
weight loss you would like me to answer? Email me at
ellen@thoughtfulweightloss.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment